Sunday, October 10, 2010

I was sitting outside in the warm sun, in the quiet and peace of this beautiful day sort of meditating and pondering; Sort of just riding the emotions I had felt earlier today and the thought from the song "..all His creations of which I'm apart.." came into my mind and how grateful I was for the beauty all around me, from the giant trees in my yard to the tiny soft specks of dirt on my feet. And then, I remembered the spiders. I am not grateful for spiders. Spiders hit a nerve in me that is so bad, it just can't be good..no matter what. {lobsters too..they're like spiders' of the sea} And the more I thought about how they must have a good purpose the more I realized that spiders are just like Satan.

Here is what I came up with:

Simply, the purpose of the spider is to be a reminder of Satan...and all that that implies.

S for Satan. S for spider.


Spiders are delicate, deceitful creatures. Beautiful maybe and whimsical in their design, but oh so cunning. Full of poison and not what you expect from such a small {and by small I mean really big!} specimen. Satan too lures us and deceives us with that thing that looks good but is really our personal poison for destruction.


And we can't forget to credit them for their "beautiful" web making skills. Web is just a really nice way of saying trap. A trap for any innocent bug who might be passing by. Even we as people are fooled by their webs. We often don't see their webs, only until we feel the sticky silk do we realize we jut walked into a trap and a spider might be near by, too close for comfort. Like Satan, sometimes we don't see the trap he has set. But we can always feel it and know that somewhere a Spider is waiting. Satan will wait. Timing is everything. {Cunning little creatures!}

I was trying to think optimistically for the spiders sake, like-how do they benefit us? Welll if they weren't here we would have a bigger insect population. But like Satan, spiders only exist by preying on others; simple and innocent victims. They kill. Take lives. Set traps and make more evil spider babies. Satan's power over us can indeed take our lives. We can allow him to harm us or we can be prepared. Spiders are tricky, small may they be- a tiny hole is all they need to invade our homes.


If we lived in a perfect world there would be no obnoxious insects and mosquitoes, no purpose for spiders. Likewise, if we lived in a perfect world and we lived as Christ lived and loved there would be no purpose for Satan.


But we are not perfect and because we live in a world of opposition, we need to be reminded of Satan and his powers; in his spirit form and spider form. We need to be ever mindful of Satan {and spiders} a like. Keep Satan and spiders out of our homes and our lives. Call your exterminators and call on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment